Sunday, August 15, 2010

I'm so heavy in your arms...

Two updates in week! This is bizarre! 
My husband came home from tour at about 2:30 a.m. this morning.
I couldn't sleep knowing that he would be coming home to join me. (I mean that in a good way)
Then, he surprised me this morning with this comment "Will you cut off my dreads now?" HOLY COW! He mentioned wanting to cut them, but honestly I thought he would decide against it. He has worked on those bad boys for nearly 3 years now! But, he was tired of them and kind of came to the realization that it was time for change for himself....and I support him in that...and boy oh boy is his hair soft now! :) 
Here are the before photos I took this morning. I will post after photos as soon as I take them.
(disclaimer: this was right after he woke up... but isn't he handsome? )
 Yesterday I got in a nesting/cleaning mood and decorated our upstairs hallway. Here is what I did so far:
 thrifted photos, vintage cloth napkin, handmade pottery by me, 1 year old doll from my 1st birthday, and teacup/saucer from my aunt.
all plaques vintage/thrifted
I was nervous about what my husband would say about this collection...he knew I had these plaques but didn't know I would display them like this. The first thing he said when he got home this morning was that he LOVED how I decorated...he referred to this area as our 'inspiration wall'. Haha. :) 

Well, that is all for now! Have a wonderful week!
Here goes to the second week of teaching.
 

1 comments:

heather dawn said...

totally cute inspiration area! robin liked it too! :P our boys are silly. they think they won't like it, then they see it and they do!

send me some after pics of the hubs! I wanna see the soft hair!

I totally can't wait to come see you next month & in november!